In order to run our summer camp programs and to properly maintain the camp buildings and equipment, Camp Lutherlyn needs some support from donors. Our main source of income is two-fold: from camp registration fees and rental income from user groups. The Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada also provides a grant to run our summer camps, but the objective is for us to be self-sufficient without that grant. Donations from you could be directed to the following areas of need:
1. Operations: Donations to this area of need supports all operational areas of the camp, particularly maintenance and upgrade of the camp buildings and equipment; if the Campership fund falls short of what’s needed, then funds directed to Operations can be used for top-up. This will be the default area of need if you do not specify a specific need.
2. Camperships (“Send a Child to Camp”): Approximately 15% of our families require financial assistance to send their campers to summer camp. Donations that are directed to Camperships, will directly help a family in need.
3. Legacy: We continue to develop the vision of Camp Lutherlyn and rely on donations to the current Legacy Project to help make that a reality. For the past ten or so years, the legacy project has been to expand washroom capacity for the camp. That project will be completed in 2020 with the construction of a heated Comfort Station that will provide toilets and showers in seven unisex units – one accessible for the handicapped. All donations to Legacy in 2020 will go to this project; 2021 Legacy donations will go to a new project approved at our Annual General Meeting.
There are 4 ways to donate to Camp Lutherlyn – see below. Charitable Donation receipts are issued for all gifts. Camp Lutherlyn issues receipts for options 1 and 2 at year-end. For donation option 3, you will receive a tax receipt from your congregational Treasurer. For option 4, you will receive a donation from Canada Helps.
Donations may be made by:
1. e-transfer from your bank to Lutherlyn.firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please specify the area of need you wish to support.
2. cheques may be sent to the following address with a note saying it’s a donation and please specify the area of need you wish to support:
Pembroke, ON K8A 6X7
3. donations through your Evangelical Lutheran congregation.
4. We are pleased to partner with Canada Helps, a registered charity that brings donors and charitable organizations together online; they support credit card or PayPal payments. Single/Monthly/Quarterly donation options are available.
To donate via Canada Helps, please click here
There are several types of planned gifts. Including Camp Lutherlyn in your will with a bequest is a wonderful way to support the ministry that has made your life richer, and help your family take advantage of tax deductions. Other gifts can include life insurance (by naming Camp Lutherlyn as the Beneficiary), gifts of securities/ investments, real estate or charitable gift annuities. For more information and assistance, visit LUTHERAN PLANNED GIVING. A consultant will be pleased to assist you.
Become a Corporation Member for $20/year. Click here to register your information. Payment can be made (message corporate membership) via e-transfer to email@example.com, or a cheque mailed to
P.O. Box 531,
Pembroke, ON K8A 6X7
Volunteers/ Gifts in Kind
Volunteers are needed for the following projects:
Spring & Winter Work Days, Other Maintenance projects, Program, Alumni & Friends
Giving items the camp needs is a great way to support Lutherlyn.
Donation receipts are available for the fair market value of any donation over $50. Current wants and wishes:
If you can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org