To Camp Lutherlyn Friends:
Camp Lutherlyn’s Fall Work Day will be held on Saturday September 18th this year. We appreciate the help and support from everyone. Could you please pass the word around your congregations and contacts – all those who are friends of the camp.
- Arrive by 10:00 a.m. and “check in” at Schmieder Hall for a “job”.
- Daryl (camp cook extraordinaire) is making us a delicious lunch served with distancing in the Dining Hall
- We aim to finish work by 2:00 or 3:00.
- Four Seasons has a few space available for those who want to stay overnight either Friday or Saturday but you need to book with me. Bring your own bedding – there are some pillows there and light quilts – probably enough - but sheets & pillowcases are required. And bring food for your supper and breakfast.
We’ll be working on both buildings and grounds on the work day.
- Painting/ staining if the weather cooperates. Please bring paint brush & paint pail if you can help.
- Fall cleaning for Four Seasons Lodge
- Cleaning pine needles from cabin roofs and eavestroughs
- Firewood moving, splitting and piling
- Always lots of tidying up needed – the garage for example - and moving things to their proper winter spot
Work gloves are recommended for everyone attending the work day.
Other Fall Work is needed if you can’t make Sept 18th. Please let us know if you can help
- Winterization work to be done after Thanksgiving when the last fall renters are done
- A St. John’s Arnprior work crew will be replacing cabin beams on Thurs the 16th
Thank you as always for your support for our fantastic camp!
Alison Burkett (Buildings – 613-618-5716) and Janice Verch (Grounds – firstname.lastname@example.org)